1. Save Time
Time is money when it comes to any business. It doesn’t matter what industry you operate in, every second can make the difference between money gained and money lost. EPOS systems have been designed to automate tasks and integrate with systems to improve a whole host of functionality, including:
- Shorter Queues – By applying multibuy offers and discounts quickly, overall transaction times can be greatly reduced. Plus with barcoded stock you can simply scan items rather than product searching to keep queues moving and customers happy.
- Simple Staff Training – Intuitive and user-friendly interfaces are easy to get to grips with and allow members of your team to work productively. KCPOS even has a training mode to allow simple and easy training on everything from basic transactions to using the haggle screen.
- Stock Control – Forget employees being stuck in the back with a clipboard and a pencil keeping track of your inventory. Integrated software streamlines your in-store, online and phone orders to enable automatic stock suggestions and re-ordering, meaning you’ll never miss a sale due to no stock again!
- Accounts Management & Integration – Instantly sync data and reduce admin with a system that links to Xero, Sage 50, Sage 200, Pegasus Opera, Advanced Exchequer, Access Dimensions and Greentree.
2. Boost Customer Satisfaction
As online shopping continues to dominate the retail landscape, customers are becoming increasingly disloyal and are more susceptible to moving brands based on experience or feeling. The challenge for businesses, therefore, is to come up with new and improved ways of ensuring people keep coming back. An EPOS system can help you to:
- Manage Promotions – Give your customers the opportunity to earn points and promotions via loyalty schemes. Plus you can even set up selective customer pricing or discounts with trade account customers.
- Improve Customer Experience – High performance EPOS systems enable you to answer customer queries quickly, like stock checks or returns, and manage queue waiting times with faster transactions at the point of sale.
- Link Your Business Operations – Integrate online and in-store processes, such as price changes and live stock level updates to create a streamlined process and keep track of sales and stock levels.
3. Manage Staff Performance
Your employees are your first point of contact for customers, so you want to ensure they’re provided with the best tools for the job. EPOS systems can help to improve staff performance by:
- Reducing Admin Tasks – Streamlined processes mean there’s no need for someone to manage stock or cash in the till, leaving more time to dedicate to helping customers.
- Incentivising Top Performers – Sales metrics allow you to see who sold what and when, meaning you can identify top performers and reward those who exceed targets. This encourages competition amongst your workforce, fuelling sales growth.
- Identifying Gaps – Advanced reporting will help you to spot who’s under-performing and whether training is required.
4. Spot trends
Making small adjustments to your positioning or sales offering to suit demands of the current market is key to the success of any business. The data provided by EPOS systems can help you to:
- Monitor Performance – Our sales integration supplies you with CRM and analytics software to review sales and allow you to identify areas requiring improvement.
- Identify Sales Patterns – See what transactions were made and when to build a picture of the market. This gives you an idea of what resources you’ll need and when, i.e. seasonal stock or extra staff for busy periods.
- Tailor Marketing Materials – Knowing what your customers are buying allows you to run promotions to push popular items and get rid of slow-moving or surplus stock.
Investing in an EPOS system can significantly reduce costs and boost your performance and revenue over time. If you have any questions or would like to find out more, get in touch to speak to one of our team.